Big Brew 2019

Big Brew 2019

Postby BobG » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 am

MASH AHA National Homebrew Day's Big Brew event. Gene Languell is hosting again this year. Bob Gilmore and Mike McFarland are co-hosting. Here are the details!

When: May 4th, 2019
Where: 1728 E 800 S, Columbia City (Actually Laud! ) Gene's place. 12-miles Due west of Hwy 14 & 69
Start time: 8:00 AM, but show up whenever.

We're following the AHA guidelines and recipes, but feel free to brew what you like. Here are the links to the AHA recipes.

https://cdn.homebrewersassociation.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;…/TransAtlantic-Blon…

https://cdn.homebrewersassociation.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;…/Battlecow-Galactic…

A Google Sheet below for signup: 1. Attendees/brewers and a food list.

1. A place to brew. The brewery has an apartment with two restrooms, a full kitchen, living /dining room, so plenty of room to sprawl out. The brewery is heated, not air conditioned!
2. Water and power. You can use the water for your hot liquor tanks, but it is well water and high in iron. I suggest you bring city or RO and build your own.
3. We can feed up to a dozen chillers at a time across three spigots.
4. We have a mill everyone is welcome to use
5. I have two chillers that I’m willing to share.
6. We have lots of counter tops that I can put on saw horses as tables or bring a table.
7. Charcoal & Grill.
8. Plates, plastic-ware and such
9. County Internet…DSL
10. Carpet squares for your glassware

Notes for all
1. Please join in whether you’re brewing or not, but we do encourage brewing!! Share your talents!! All are welcome.
2. Bring your gear, grains, yeast, hops and a chair/stool, hoses and the like.
3. Food! Bring a dish(es) and anything special you’d like to share. I haven’t met a brewer that wasn’t a foodie too! We like to eat while drinking home brew.
4. Home brew! Bring and share! I’ll have extra room in the kegerator if anyone wants to bring a corny.
5. Let’s have some fun and enjoy some beers!

Faux Pas thoughts:
1. Please refrain from wondering off to visit the neighbors, especially when they are hosting a high school graduation party!
2. The side-by-side is not water vehicle! You’re welcome to swim and fish in the pond.
3. We’re not camping this go round.
4. Guns are welcome, just leave them in your vehicle. I have enough problems with the neighbors shooting up the property!
5. Uber and Lyft are not allowed to operate in Whitley County. If you need a lift home after being a little over served... and it will happen, have a plan B ready!

The brewery shuts down when the last person departs!
Questions? GO!
Gene/Mike/Bob

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19IwNLNjQrFkJJIJX0tXLOnmVNTdZ3swygdFRITV_nrI/edit?usp=sharing
Beer is a social lubricant.
BobG

Re: Big Brew 2019

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:41 pm

I am having trouble with the recipe links.
Jeff

Postby BobG » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am

The links on the post are screwy.
Try going to the AHA site and follow from there.
Cheers
BobG

Postby BobG » Thu May 02, 2019 7:27 am

Bumping this again. Join us for some brewing fun!
BobG

Return to Meetings & Events